Getting yourself set up online with social media is now becoming an absolute necessity for any business, whether based in a physical location or explicitly online. This article will show you how to effectively market your company using this new marketing outlet. It’s not as hard as you might think it is.
1. Think twice about paying for a professional social media marketing service. For starters, their black hat techniques are often seen as spam and will degrade your reputation. These companies use proxy servers and registration bots to create thousands of accounts on Twitter, YouTube and Facebook. Because these services use abusive tactics, your message is generally not seen by too many real people, as the view counts are fake and the fraudulent accounts are generally terminated fairly quickly.
2. You should put a ‘like’ box on Facebook on the top of your blog page. This will make it easy for people to “like” your content on Facebook. Your users will not have to leave your blog and they can “like” your blog without leaving the website. The easier you make it for your users, the more likely people will “like” your page and increase your exposure. Here is an example of what that could look like:
3. Be sure that your content is interesting and unique so that other social media users in Richmond will want to share it with others. People succeed by using social media, but only if their content sticks out from others. If you are out of ideas, you can always find inspiration online or from family and friends.
4. Try adding pictures to your social media channel. People get a better understanding of a product when they can literally see it. And, when people understand your product, they are more likely to purchase it. You do not need to have too many pictures, just a few should get you started.
5. In order to increase your customers’ desire towards your social media pages, have exclusive offers that they can only obtain by following you. When they notice deals open only to Facebook followers, they are sure to give you greater attention and share the information with friends. Here’s a great example of a social media post that was only shared with our Instagram followers:
6. To make your social media marketing campaign successfully market your brand, sell yourself as an industry authority. Instead of plugging your products, produce engaging content that entertains, educates and even inspires people. If you happen to create something that goes just a little viral due to the share button, your company name is getting out there. For example, we have a client that sells a monthly subscription box. Instead of just telling people to “buy this product” – we wanted to create a social media piece that would not only go viral, but that would also tell the story of why someone should buy their product. Here’s the video:
7. Try to map out your objectives and goals when starting a social media marketing campaign. Make them available throughout your company so that everyone within the organization is on the same page. Results from social media marketing in Richmond will be more productive and better focused when all activities are aligned and working towards the same goals.
For large companies, social media marketing can be a labor intensive, complicated, and non-standardized task where efficiency can be elusive. Many ad agencies and social media agencies are still trying to understand how to effectively market to the masses and are making it up as they go. So be careful where you spend your money and make sure you are getting measurable results from your marketing campaign.
8. When running a social media marketing campaign, don’t be afraid to brag about how many followers you have from time to time. If someone sees that 1500 people are following you, they may join up too just so they do not get left out of what their friends in Richmond already know about. The desire to stay in the know and be trendy can be your friend.
As you can see from this article, while social media can seem intimidating for someone who hasn’t spent much time on it, it is really quite simple. As far as marketing goes, social media is actually something that is free to get started and simple enough to do yourself without having to hire a professional.
For particular businesses, social media is much smarter to hand off to someone else. Be sure to be careful about who you hire in Richmond, we’ve heard some horror stories. We offer a free consultation if you’d like to discuss your social media marketing plan in detail with a specialist, to do so simply fill out the short form below.